I had a bit of a talk with a librarian yesterday, and we came upon the interesting subject of things left by people in books they return to the library.
- Back from holiday: picture postcards (Sunny greetings from Auntie! Warm greetings from Freddy! Hot greetings from Innanja!!). Sand. Sun cream. Hair. City maps. Entrance tickets. Sun glasses.
- Letters. Unopened letters. Children’s letters to Santa
- Seasoned cheese (found in Cheese by Willem Elsschot). Salami. Pictures (landscapes; family in Eurodisney; girl on pony; girl on toilet). Shopping lists, bank statements, dog’s vaccination
- Dried flowers, knife with jam, contact lenses. Beermats, Aspirin (not necessarily together). Prescription for an anti-psychotic, tucked into a Van Gogh book.
- Dog’s hair in book about education for dogs (plus dog’s smell)
- Book about dogs, thoroughly destructed by dog’s teeth (dog didn’t like the book)
- Money. Porn. Stamps. Restaurant bills. Invitations. Tea bags (used). Condoms (used). Toilet paper (…)
To be continued!